Halloween Costumes: 10 Tired Ones To Avoid
by Daniela Guernica/StyleCaster
Halloween is one of the best "holidays." The movies are scary, the candy is sweet and the costumes are amazing... most of the time. While I'm usually already pumped for Fall in general, this year, a Ricky's Halloween shop opened just down the street from my humble abode. I cannot wait to peruse the racks hoping to get inspired. As we enter the second week of October, it's time to get down to business!
While I'm currently stuck pondering between Ms. Holly Golightly and a gold-clad Cleopatra, I know which personas I'm NOT going to channel this year. It seems every year 10,000 people manage to step out as the same thing and no doubt each of these will be out there this October 31 – you've seen them and you even may have been one (we all have at some point). Check out the top 10 cliché offenders below.
Which look do you think will run rampant this All Hallows' Eve? (All bets on my girl Snooki.)
1. The nurse - Being a nurse is a perfectly respectable, not to mention difficult profession. Please stop making it seem like one step from stripper!
2. The Sexy Kitten - Or cheetah... or lady bug... or bee, any way you do it, it's still just a corset. $49.50, at Flirt Catalog
3. The Referee - Better to keep this look on the bench. (DISCLAIMER: I may have fallen prey to the baseball version my freshman year of college...) $34.99, at Ricky's Halloween
4. The Bunny - The only way to make this work is going classic Playboy a la Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde. This polyester version is just gross. $39.99, at Ricky's Halloween
5. Snooki - Beware! This costume is the ultimate guido magnet! $27.99 at Costume Express
6. Madonna - I have two words to modernize this costume: Lady Gaga. And about 200 ways to do it. $56, at Oh Cheri
7. Britney Spears - Yes, the Glee episode was amazing, but unless you're toting the python from Brit's "I'm a Slave 4 U" video, no dice.
8. Angel - Not sure the low-cut bustier involved in this "angelic" costume is the beacon of innocence.
9. Adam and Eve - The oldest couple costume in the books, based on the oldest couple in the books. Time to update this one at least a few thousand years.
10. Devil - If you're going to be a devil for Halloween, you might as well just go full on hooker. Subtlety, ladies!
Check out more of the best in fashion, beauty and celebrity news on Stylecaster.