For better or worse, the Heidi Montag video for “Higher” has become the most mocked YouTube clip since Miss Teen South Carolina talked about how to “find maps” in “The Iraq.” The video, which has Heidi slinking around in a pink bikini and showing her considerable—ah, “skills”—has rocketed the 21-year-old to a whole new echelon of fame and notoriety. And as the older generation of clubbing-starlets fades to their golden years (Tara Reid, Lindsay), Heidi is the future. So we've done your homework for you: The 20 things you didn’t know about Heidi Montag...
1. The company that Heidi works for on The Hills, Bolthouse Productions, coordinates events at LA hotspots like Hyde, and their parent company has used Wantickets.com for ticketing.
2. Heidi has said that she wants to win an Academy Award.
3. She is the new spokeswoman for Anchor Blue Clothing Company, and they’ll even have a fashion line called “Heidiwood”…
4. …Despite the fact that she dropped out of LA’s Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising.
5. Heidi received breast implants in April 2007.
6. She’s bad news for lawyers. Todd Paris, a North Carolina attorney, was caught leafing through a Maxim magazine that had a half-naked Heidi on the cover. The judge was so furious at the lawyer for reading almost-soft-porn in the courtroom, he fined Paris $300 and humiliated him in front of the courtroom crowd.
7. Her on-again-off-again-on-again engagement with Spencer Pratt, featured prominently on The Hills, was summed up by Heidi saying, “The only way I’ll marry Spencer is if he starts acting like a man instead of a little boy. I feel like I’m dating a pre-schooler sometimes — it’s always playtime with him.”
8. The “candid” shots of Heidi and Spencer in Los Cabos, Mexico, include pictures of him doing push-ups with Heidi on his back. Fans think they’re staged.
9. Originally, it looked like Heidi Montag admitted that she started a false rumor about Lauren Contrad, her ex-BFF. (Never mind that “ex-BFF” is an oxymoron) On her website, Heidi said that she started a rumor that Lauren Conrad had a sex video…
10. …But then Heidi said that it wasn’t her—it was an "internet hacker" who posed as Heidi.
11. Ex-current-ex-current-fiancé Spencer Pratt corroborated this hacker-theory, stating that “I don't think Heidi would even know how to log in to her website.”
12. She made a New Year’s resolution to “stay way more in-touch with my MySpace friends that are so loving and supportive. I will be trying to answer all my messages this year and respond to all questions!”
13. In for a penny, in for a pound. To complement the breast augmentation, allegedly, Heidi Montag also had a lip-enhancement surgery in late ’07.
14. She likes dancing to Dr. Dre’s “The Next Episode.”
15. Heidi was voted by SoCal Cleanse Detox users as the “4th Dirtiest Female Celebrity” after Amy Winehouse, Paris Hilton, Tara Reid, and Courtney Love.
16. Her ex-current-ex-fiance Spencer Pratt was offered a role in a gay porno. Pratt turned it down. Porn mogul Michael Lucas said that “[Pratt] was born to be in a gay-porn blockbuster.”
17. With her command of the CAPS LOCK button, she could have been a nightlife promoter. Her About Me section on MySpace reads: “HEY EVERYONE THIS IS HEIDI MY OLD MYSPACE WAS HEIDIMONTAG69, BUT SOMEONE JACKED IT AND IM NOW USING THIS ONE. SO FEEL FREE TO TALK TO ME AT THIS ONE. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR ME PLEASE MESSAGE ME WITH THE SUBJECT SAYING "HEIDI QUESTION" AND I WILL TRY TO ANSWER THEM EVERY MONTH WITH A BULLETIN. RIGHT NOW MY LIFE CONSISTS OF WORKING FOR BOLTHOUSE, WORKING ON MY ALBUM AND SPENDING TIME WITH SPENCER. STATS: DOB: SEPTEMBER 15 1986 (21) HEIGHT: 5'3 1/2" EYES: BLUE BIRTH PLACE: CRESTED BUTTE, COLORADO BOYFRIEND: SPENCER PRATT” (sic)
18. Her hero is Marilyn Monroe, “cause she was a fabulous entertainer and the original triple threat.” (sic)
19. To defend the savagely-attacked “Higher” video, Heidi Montag posted a comment on PerezHilton: “I appreciate people taking time to write any kind of comment. Do you know how much effort it really takes to sit down and write a comment? I’ve never written a comment in my entire life… you really have to have a lot of passion and thought to write any comment, so thank you.”
And the last thing you should know about the star of the Heidi Montag video:
20. Prior to landing her role on The Hills, Montag had never even seen Laguna Beach. But thanks to the savvy show producers, the two had chemistry. Like magic, a short-lived BFF-dom was born.
More information on: Hyde, Los Angeles