Making its historic debut on U.S. soil, Mysteryland
is doing a fantastic job of protecting the sacred land of the generation that started so many of the music festivals we enjoy every year in the first place. Peace, love, music, and sustainability are the interwoven components of Mysteryland.
Here are just some of the ways Mysteryland will be helping protect our beautiful planet:
- Clean Vibes is the official waste management partner of Mysteryland USA. They will be in charge of all clean-up, sorting, and disposal with the hope of greatly reducing the ecological footprint.
- Sustainable Art Challenge: Mysteryland is looking for innovative, out-of-the-box thinkers from design schools in the U.S. Contestants will have the opportunity to assist in the development of sustainable art-installations on the festival grounds. Details are provided here!
- All food and snacks will be served this year on biodegradable plates to decrease the amount of waste produced at this years festival. Vendors are also encouraged to provide primarily offer fair trade and biological options. Working together with Brooklyn’s native Smorgasburg (which will host its own Food Fest) is a part of this strategy. Good eats, yummy treats!
- The Cup Program is a recycling and waste initiative that rewards any visitor bringing 10 plastic water bottles to a specially marked tent with an undisclosed prize. The hope is to reduce waste and increase recycling.
- Water Refill Stations! Started last year, The Water Project is back to provide all festival-goers with tap water at multiple refill stations. Not only is this usually the preference of many people in attendance, but Mysteryland is killing two birds with one stone by significantly decreasing the number of water bottles disposed.
- The 10,000 Hours Charity Event has aligned with The Allyson Whitney Foundation and their annual 5K run held on Saturday, May 10, raising money for young adults with cancer. Although registration is now closed, Mysteryland saw 500 volunteers sign up to participate.
- The Open Call program is used to implement unique live art installations and other production featuring local talent. Artists will have the ability to contribute to the mind-bending multi-sensory landscapes that we have grown to love.
- An on-site generator controller will be used to monitor all generators used for construction and during all live performances as an additional effort to minimize gas emissions and energy consumption.
- Mysteryland encourages carpooling. The festival has set up carpooling sites through RickyRides, RideJoy, and Zimride in hopes of reducing fuel emissions and air pollution. In addition, various shuttle locations will be transporting festival-goers to the Mysteryland grounds. Three roundtrip services are available from:
- New York City - Grand Central Station
- New Jersey – Newark Liberty International Airport
- Philadelphia – 30th Street Station
Find out more here:
official Mysteryland USA shuttles